Total Body Fitness
Jerome's Story: An Outdoor Workout for the Entire Body
|I love being outdoors and I do a lot of road cycling. Although cycling is an excellent exercise for the legs and for the cardiovascular system, it doesn't do anything for the upper body. I'm absolutely bored stiff by static rowing machines, so I was looking for a solution online when I found the Rowbike. I was thrilled to find a cycle that allowed me to work both my upper and lower body while enjoying the great outdoors.|
I'm 53 years old, and thanks to my Rowbike I'll soon be in the best shape of my life. I've weight-trained on and off for over two decades, and in my early twenties I spent three years slinging trash for a disposal company, but this piece of exercise equipment gives the best overall workout that I've ever experienced.
- Date of birth: July 20, 1953
- My commute is
20 milesper day ( 32 km), approximately 45 to 55 minutes each way (depending on wind, weather, etc.)
- My average speed over the last
3500 miles( 5630 km) is 10 milesper hr (16 km/hr).
- On a bicycle, I averaged 14 (22 kmh) to
17 mph(27 kmh) over a 6800 miledistance ( 10950 km).
- My average calorie burn was 1000 per
20 miles( 32 km) on a mountain bike. I average 2300-2400 calories for the same distance on a Rowbike, though the trek is a bit longer (in time) than a bicycle.
- Rowbike is the "best bang for the buck" as far as getting the best workout for the time invested.
- This last stat is life-changing literally: On Dec. 25, 2004, I weighed
378 pounds( 171 kg). On Nov. 6, 2007, I weighed 236 pounds( 107 kg).
- Rowbike: The Fountain Of Youth